Hiding personal photos and videos on your iPhone or iPad is important to maintain privacy, but it’s not always easy to do when someone has access to your device or knows your passcode. Thankfully, there are ways to hide photos and videos on your iOS device so that only you can see them. Keep reading to learn the top methods for hide photos and videos on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Hide Photos & Videos on iPhone and iPad
The Photos app on your iPhone is a great way to keep all your pictures and videos in one place. But if you have private pictures or videos that you don’t want someone to see when you’re scrolling through your library, it can be difficult to know which ones they are.
There are a few different ways that you can hide or lock your private photos and videos on an iPhone or iPad. You can use iOS 16’s built-in passcode-protected Hidden album, the Notes app, or rely on third-party apps for hiding photos and videos. Read on for more information about each of these options.
Method 1 – Using Notes App to Hide Photos & Videos
Apple’s Notes app on your iPhone comes with a handy lock feature that allows you to add photos and videos to your notes and lock them individually with a password. This way, you can keep your private notes safe and secure, and also delete the photo from your main Photos library if you need to.
Copy Photos into a Note on iPhone or iPad
1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Photos app.
2. Select the photos you want to hide and tap the Share button
3. Swipe left on the app list and select More.
4. Scroll down and select Notes on the next screen.
5. Give it a name and description to remember, and click Save.
1. Open the Notes app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Open the note that you created to hide your photos.
3. Tap the three-dot menu at the top right corner of your device.
4. Click on Lock button and enter a password to lock the note.
Note: In case you forgot the password then go to Settings > Notes > Password to reset or change it.
Enable Touch ID or Face ID for Notes
You can now lock the saved photos in Notes with your Touch ID or Face ID as shown below. This way, you can keep your images safe and secure, and only you will be able to access them.
1. Open Settings on your Device.
2. Scroll down and click on Notes.
3. Tap on Password and enable the toggle button for Use Touch ID or Use Face ID.
4. Enter the password when prompted.
That’s all. Now you can access your photo saved in the note by password, Touch ID or Face ID.
You can now go back to the Photos app and delete the photos you added to the note. You can use this method to keep multiple photos and videos locked in the Notes app on iOS.
To Restore the photo or Video back to Photos app from Notes:
1. Tap the photo in the locked note.
2. Then, in the bottom left, click the share menu.
3. Select Save Image from the list of options.
The photo will now show in the Photos app’s Recent album.
Method 2 – Using the Photos App of your iPhone
If you’re someone who likes to keep their personal photos and videos hidden away from prying eyes, Apple’s new Hidden album feature in the Photos app is perfect for you. With Hidden, you can easily hide away your photos and videos so that they no longer appear in your main library or other albums – meaning they’ll be completely inaccessible to anyone who doesn’t know the hidden album exists. So if you’re looking for a way to keep your personal photos and videos private, the Hidden album is definitely worth checking out.
Hide Photos and Videos in the Photos App of your iPhone or iPad
1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Photos app.
2. Select the photos and videos that you want to hide.
3. In the bottom left corner of your device, click the three-dot menu.
4. Select Hide, then click Hide Photos, Hide Videos, or Hide Items to confirm.
You’ve now successfully hidden the photos from the library on your iPhone. All photos you hide will be automatically moved to the “Hidden” album within the Photos app.
If you have an iPhone running iOS 16 or newer, you can use Face ID or Touch ID to lock your Hidden photos album. Here’s how to do it:
1. Tap on Settings on your iPhone and open it.
2. Scroll down and tap on Photos.
3. Now enable Face ID.
The next time you open the Hidden album in the Photos app, you’ll need to use your Face ID or passcode to access it. This will help keep your photos safe and secure.
1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Photo app
2. Tap on the Albums bottom of your screen.
3. Scroll down to Utilities and choose Hidden.
4. After that Use your Face ID to authenticate.
5. You can now select photos from the hidden gallery, tap the three-dot menu, and hit Unhide to move them back to your phone’s regular gallery.
Hide the Hidden Album option from the Photos app
If you have an older iPhone that isn’t compatible with the iOS 16 update, or if you want to add an extra layer of privacy to your Photos app, you can hide the Hidden album using the steps below.
1. Tap the Settings app and open it on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and Tap on Photos.
3. Now turn off Show Hidden Album.
The Hidden album will no longer show up in the Photos app but don’t worry, you can easily unhide it by repeating the steps you took to hide it in the first place and simply enabling the toggle back.
Method 3 – Through Third Party Apps
There are several third-party apps on the App Store that allow you to hide pictures and videos on your iPhone. Some of the popular ones are HiddenVault, KeepSafe, TouchyNotes, KYMS, and more. That said, you’ll still need to delete the photos from the photos library and remove them from the trash once you’re done hiding them.
Q. How do I hide all my photos on iPad?
A. Read this article to know step by step.
Now you know how to keep your private images and videos hidden on your iPhone or iPad with ease! iOS 16 makes it just as simple to hide photos as it is on Android devices. Let us know your thoughts on the new locked Hidden album in the comments below. And if you have any other related questions, don’t hesitate to reach out!
You might be interested in:
3 thoughts on “3 Ways to Hide Photos & Videos on iPhone and iPad”