Google pixel 6 is a tremendous success. Now google is expanding its inventory with the addition of their own version of the foldable phone. In this article we will cover the design specs launch date and projected price of the google pixel fold 5g. Let’s get started
Google Pixel Fold release date, price, features, and news
google seeks to expand its inventory and market share value with adding their own foldable phone to compete with Samsung Z4, Honor magic 5, Vivo X FOLD 5g, Oppo FIND N and any other potential soon to market foldable phone device.
Google was recently granted a patent from the usa patent and trademark office for a multi-access soft hinge mechanism. This is an advanced hinge system for google to use in their inward folding phone devices. The hinge will ensure a certain contour or curvature when the phone is closed and provide the desired flatness of the foldable display when the phone is open. With the absolute minimum crease displayed or visible on the open screen.
The patent also reports that the hinge design is sturdy and strong enough to handle and address compression or tension exerted on the components of the foldable display without any damage to them when folding and unfolding the phone.
The materials are light enough to keep the phone’s weight light in a user’s hand.
It has also been reported that the pixel phone 5g’s main camera will not be the same as in the pixel 6 pro which was once rumored
The main rear camera will be a dual camera system composed of a 12.2 megapixel wide angle sony imx 363 sensor lens and a 12 megapixel ultra wide angle sony imx 386 sensor lens.
The front selfie camera will be two 8 megapixel wide sony imx 355 sensor lens with one camera on the outer display screen and the other camera on the in the main display screen.
All cameras will greatly benefit from google Tensor chip that takes the Ai and machine language capabilities to the next level pushing computational photography and the camera’s prowess steps higher than their competition.
Google will be given the pixel fold 5g the android 12.1L operating system. The update is said to improve user interface functions, multitasking, provide a new taskbar that will make it easier to switch apps and use split screen mode. This will bring visual and stability improvements, so apps look sharper by default on larger screens.
Now it’s been stated that google intends to start panel production in the third quarter of 2022 about August time frame with the pixelfold 5g launch in the fourth quarter of 2022 about October this year.
Now here’s the pixel fold 5g specifications breakdown as we know it thus far . Of course this is subject to change prior to and during the panel production phase.
- When folded or closed the screen is a 6.2 inch display possibly an amoled display with a 120 hz refresh rate.
- No details as to the pixel resolution or ppi color density for either screens just yet.
- When unfolded or open the main screen is a 7.6 inch amoled ltpo display with a 120 hertz refresh rate.
- The main rear camera is a 12 megapixel wide with a 12 megapixel ultra wide lens.
- The front selfie camera is two 8 megapixel wide lens
- The battery is a 4800 mah watt battery with 30 watts fast charging and is both wireless and reserve wireless charging capable.
- Security is the fingerprint sensor on screen in both folded and unfolded modes.
- The operating system is the android 12.1L.
- Operating system with the google tensor processing chip it comes with 12 gigabytes of ram and your choice of either 128 gigabytes or 256 gigabytes of internal storage
- The wi-fi is Wi-Fi6 + ultra wide band capability along with 5g wireless capability bluetooth 5.2.
- It comes with one usb type c slot.
- Its projected price is $1399 usd, just slightly cheaper than the new galaxy z4 being projected at approximately fifteen hundred dollars usd.
I will surely be tracking the progress and development of google pixel Fold 5g as time progressed forward. leave me a comment below on your thoughts and opinions of the pixel fold 5g.
Would this be a phone you consider buying or upgrading to? Would you buy any foldable phone on the market currently or in the future? Why or why not? What phone are you seriously considering buying in the near future? a flagship level or budget level phone. Leave me a comment below. Thanks.